Staying connected to people is not only important for our physical and mental well–being but can help lower stress levels. During these times of uncertainty, it is important to remain in touch with others and feel supported. Though you currently may not be able to give a hug, hearing someone else’s voice, or seeing them via video chat, can brighten anyone’s day. Read more
Some tips to help you and your family safely socialize with others are:
Step #1: Stay connected.
- Think of somebody you have not seen or talked to in more than a week. It can be a family member, a friend, a classmate, or even your next-door neighbor.
Step #2: Reach out.
- Here are some ways you can connect with them:
- Send a text
- Make a phone call
- Schedule a video chat
- Send an email
- Make a Tik-Tok
- The options are endless!
- If a phone is unavailable, you can still reconnect with those in your home. Have some fun and ask your family questions to get to know them better, like the following:
- If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go and why?
- What is the very first thing you would do when you arrive there?
Step #3: Have a Conversation.
- Share a favorite memory with that individual.
- Talk about what you did that day or any fun stay-at-home activities you’ve been doing.
- Exchange new habits or hobbies you’ve tried out.
For more ways to stay connected during social distancing, click here