For the next month, we are challenging families to take 5-15 minutes of their day to unwind and share how they are taking care of themselves and others through the #FISWellnessChallenge.
The #FISWellnessChallenge will take place from April 27th – May 27th. Every day (Monday-Friday) we will post a prompt and ask you to post the challenge on your Facebook or Instagram page and tag it #FISWellnessChallenge
Research shows that regular exercise can increase the size of the hippocampus, an area of the brain involved with learning and memory. Exercise also leads to:
- Improved motor skills (such as hand-eye coordination)
- Better thinking and Problem-solving
- Stronger attention skills and Improved learning
Below are some tips for going on a walk together.
Step #1: Decide.
- If the weather is nice you may want to consider going outside
- If you prefer to stay inside, declutter a space to “walk” in
- If walking outdoors, you may decide on a nearby park, taking a walk around your block or staying in your yard and exploring
Step #2: Gear up.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Find music or listen to your surrounding sounds
Step #3: Be present.
- Listen to the music or sounds around you
- Look around your environment, does anything capture your attention?
- Talk about what you see or hear
- Enjoy the movement
For additional tips for family walks visit here
For a video on walking indoors visit here
To submit your challenge, please post a photo of your family on a walk on your timeline and tag it #FISWellnessChallenge by April 30th, 2020, at 5 PM. If you have trouble submitting your post, or if your Facebook is private, please send it to Jessica Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org.