For the next month, we are challenging families to take 5-15 minutes of their day to unwind and share how they are taking care of themselves and others through the #FISWellnessChallenge.
The #FISWellnessChallenge will take place from April 27th – May 27th. Every day (Monday-Friday) we will post a prompt and ask you to post the challenge on your Facebook or Instagram page and tag it #FISWellnessChallenge
Gratitude is an emotion similar to appreciation, it is the practice of expressing thanks in our lives, even in times of challenge and change. Gratitude doesn’t just feel good, making a habit of gratitude can also be good for us. Like other positive emotions, feeling grateful on a regular basis can have a big effect on our lives. Brain research shows that positive emotions are good for our bodies, minds, and brains. Read more
For this week’s challenge, we are asking families to take five minutes to express their gratitude. Below are some steps to help you and your family share what you are grateful for.
Step #1: Set aside a time in your day with no (or little) distractions.
Step #2: Talk about it.
- Let your child know why you are grateful for them. Name specific qualities and behaviors you appreciate about them.
- Talk about the other things you are grateful for (i.e. the food on your table, your family, and friends).
- Let your child talk about what they are thankful for.
Step #3: Write it down.
- Take a piece of paper, or a journal and write the numbers 1, 2, and 3 down on the left side of the page. We are creating a list. Click here for an example.
- As a family write down the three things you are most grateful for.
Step #4: Reflect.
- Look at what you wrote five days later. What are you grateful for, today?
For more tips on how to practice gratitude please visit Very Well Mind
To submit your challenge, please post your gratitude list on Facebook or Twitter and tag it #FISWellnessChallenge by April 29th, 2020, at 5 PM. If you have trouble submitting your post, or if your social media groups are private, please send it to Jessica Torres at email@example.com.