It’s important to never stop having conversations with those you care about the most. We can learn so much from one another and sometimes even learn a new fact about someone, find things you have a common with them, and share memories. Having a conversation can strengthen relationships and create new bonds that can last a lifetime. Also, they can take place anywhere! Whether virtually or in person, they will be meaningful. Here are some tips for you and your loved ones to have a fun family conversation and learn more about one another.
Step #1: Invite.
- Think about who you want to have a conversation with, and it can be with more than one person—no age restrictions.
- Best Friends
- Decide if the conversation will take place virtually or in person. If in-person, ensure it is with someone you already live with so social distancing rules can be followed.
Step #2: Explore.
- Click here for a list of fun questions to ask – Themes include:
- Family history
- Playing Favorites
- Reminiscing Over Story Time
- Questions of Why
- OR Create your personalized questions.
- What do you know about them already? What would you like to know?
Step #3: Exchange stories
- Take turns asking each other questions (5 – 10 minutes per person)
- Be open to new perspectives, and enjoy learning something new!
- You can even take notes if there is something important you would like to remember about them.
- Thank them for taking the time to share with you!
Step #4: Reflect.
- Did you learn anything new?
- Was there anything that surprised you or you found interesting?