A big part of taking care of yourself is developing healthy eating habits and sharing with your loved ones. Healthy eating has both a positive impact on your life now and in the future. Making healthy eating decisions does not mean only eating fruits and vegetables but making sure you have a variety of foods on your plate. For example, eating fewer sweets or including more nuts in your daily choices. Always remember, eating healthy can still be yummy!
To learn more about childhood nutrition, visit here.
Some tips to help you and your family enjoy eating healthy foods:
Step #1: Learn.
Read here to learn more about the variety of options to create a healthy plate of diverse foods.
- What did you eat today? What parts of it made it a nutritious, balanced meal?
- What could you add or replace to make it healthier?
Step #2: Plan.
Read this article on choosing healthy snacks.
- Think about some of your favorite snacks.
- Are there any new ones you would like to try?
- Check to see what you have in your refrigerator or pantry.
- Do any of these ingredients inspire you to make a new snack?
Step #3: Create.
- Check out this list of 28 healthy snacks.
- Choose one to create or make up your own!
- Follow this recipe to make a simple and refreshing treat.
Step #4: Enjoy!
- Enjoy your yummy and healthy creation!
- Share your recipe with a friend or a family member.
For fun activity sheets, visit here.