Stretching can improve your overall health and can be a simple task in your daily routine. Even when you aren’t exercising, stretching is important as it is beneficial for both your body and your mind.
For your body, stretching can improve:
- Prevent Injuries
- Increases nutrient and blood flow to muscles
- Reduces soreness
For your mind, stretching can help:
- Calm your mind
- Release tension
- Increase energy
Below are some tips to stretch together:
Step #1: Prepare.
- If the weather is nice you may want to stretch outside
- If you prefer to stay inside, declutter a space to stretch or if you have yoga mat, feel free to use it
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Choose to stretch alone or invite others in your home to join you
Step #2: Feel the Stretch.
- Hold each stretch for 10-30 seconds
- Remember to breathe
- Don’t bounce
- Stretch both sides of your body
- Stop stretching if it hurts
- If possible, stretch at least 3 days a week
Step #3: Reflect.
- What was your favorite stretch?
- How did it make you feel?
- Does your body and muscles feel a bit more relaxed?
For more stretching poses, visit here
For a video to help your children stretch click here
To submit your challenge, please post a photo of your child stretching on your timeline and tag it #FISWellnessChallenge by May 12th, at 5:00 PM. If you have trouble submitting your post, or if your Facebook is private, please send it to Jessica Torres at email@example.com.