About the Virtual Community Forums
Two community forums have been created to elevate the voices and needs of low-income families of color and to make authentic connections with educators and education leaders. We are creating these spaces for families that have been stretched beyond their capacity, due to COVID-19, to share their experience, their thoughts, their needs, and their overall feedback and potential solutions to collectively support the academic success of all children. This virtual event has been divided into a two-part series so that we can dive deeply into what worked and didn’t work in August and September, and to explore solutions — as a community — as we get ready for the winter/spring 2021 semester. Interpretation in Spanish will be provided.
Upcoming Virtual Community Forums
October 5, 2020, from 3:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. Virtual Community Forum Part 1: Deepening Connections Between Families and Educators in the Time of COVID-19
TBD, from 3:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. Virtual Community Forum Part 2: Deepening Connections Between Families and Educators in the Time of COVID-19
Virtual Community Forum Part 1
The goals of Part 1 are:
- To understand the challenges facing families and educators from their unique perspectives as they strive to survive the impact of COVID-19.
- To increase awareness of the new possibilities for families and educators to transform schooling practices that recognize students’ diverse needs and the shifting of roles.
Participants will have the ability to choose one of the following sessions to participate in:
- Basic Needs & Childcare
- Family & Parent Education Supports
- Health & Socio-Emotional Development
- Students’ instructional needs ( e.g. SWD, EL)
- Technology & Connectivity
More details on Virtual Community Forum Part 2 coming soon