Transition to High School is a four week program that enables parents to gain confidence in guiding and monitoring their child's educational and social development during the important transitional stage between middle school and high school, so the child is prepared for and ultimately successful in college. The program provides interactive lessons about the importance of education, adolescent social development, academic success strategies, and college preparation.
WHAT YOU GET
Training: A two day training is provided to school and agency staff that serve parents with children in grades 8 and 9. Staff will learn about the program’s goals, objectives, implementation model and how to successfully engage parents during the transition year.
Tools: In every training, participants receive
- An implementation guide that includes helpful tips for replicating and sustaining the program year after year
- Ready-to-use tools with participant handouts (in English & Spanish)
- Content-rich learning activities, delivered in a parent friendly format
- Interactive lesson demonstration/modeling
- Culturally relevant materials
HOW TO GET IT
Transition to High School is being updated and will be available in 2023. To request a staff training, please contact Director of Training and Capacity Building, Lindsay Dumas, M. Ed. at email@example.com.
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE