Steps to Success - Middle School engages parents/guardians of English learners in their children's academic achievement. Based on a learner-centered approach, families strengthen their knowledge about the English learner reclassification process and increase their skills to support their child's language development. Steps to Success - Middle School Edition is based on the success of the original program developed for families with elementary school age children.
WHAT YOU GET
Training: Your staff will receive a 2-day training to successfully engage parents in the English learner reclassification process and implement the Steps to Success program at their site.
Tools: In every training, participants receive
- An implementation guide that includes helpful tips for replicating and sustaining the program year after year
- Ready-to-use tools with participant handouts (available in English & Spanish)
- Content-rich learning activities, delivered in a parent friendly format
- Interactive lesson demonstration/modeling
- Culturally relevant materials
HOW TO GET IT
The Steps to Success - Middle School program is currently under review and will be available in 2023. To request a staff training, please contact Director of Training and Capacity Building, Lindsay Dumas, M. Ed. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE