There are several different ways that an author reveals information about a character in a text. An author reveals information about a character through:
- physical traits
- dialogue and interactions with other characters
Below are some steps for this week’s challenge.
STEP 1: CHOOSE two characters that you would like to compare and contrast.
STEP 2: TALK ABOUT IT using the questions below:
- What are the similarities and differences between their _______? (physical traits, actions, etc.)
- How are these ______ alike and different? (physical traits, actions, etc.)
- Which similarities do you think are most important?
- Are there any details that are unique to one character and not the other? Why do you think that is?
STEP 3: WRITE OR DRAW IT in a worksheet. You can make your own or use some of the worksheets following templates Character Comparison Sheet, Double Bubble Compare and Contrast Organizer (page 2)
STEP 4: POST IT. Send us a picture of your character comparison to the Week #7 Reading Challenge post located in the Reading & Compassion Challenge Facebook Group by Monday, May 25th, at 5 PM.
STEP 5: COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE: Complete it. To complete your submission, send us your reading log via Facebook Direct Message. This is very important; we do not want you to submit your personal information publicly. If you can’t send it through Facebook Direct Message, please send it to Jessica Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 25th, at 5 PM.