Parent Engagement Strategies & Best Practices for Parent Engagement Trainings are a compliant use of Title I funds, allocated for professional development and parental involvement, and other state and federal funds reserved for school improvement and/or parental involvement.
Parent Engagement Strategies & Best Practices for Parent Engagement
When: April 4th & 5th | 8:30 am – 4:30 pm and 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Where: Los Angeles, CA
Description: This 1.5-day training will focus on helping school, district and organizational staff learn about research-based strategies and best practices for creating an environment for effective and authentic parent engagement. The training will provide participants with an opportunity to explore strategies and tools for:
- Supporting critical academic milestones in elementary, middle school and high school
Bridge a culture of college and career readiness between home and school
- Encourage communication between parents and school/agency staff specific to
- Enhancing and supporting a welcoming environment
Increasing parent engagement through building a team, planning and
implementation, developing communication tools, tracking results, and debriefing
- Increase their confidence in their ability to assess and strengthen their sites:
- Parent Resources
- Welcoming Environment
- Outreach, Recruitment & Retention Strategies
Families In Schools (FIS) strives to provide the necessary tools and materials needed for all institute participants to receive the quality services they need. We understand that unplanned issues can come up and you may need to cancel.
Due to preparation and reservation policies with external vendors, we ask that you please provide a 72 hour notice if you need to cancel. A full refund will be issued once a written cancelation has been requested within allotted time.
In the event that you must cancel with 48 hours or less notice, you will have two options:
- FIS will reimburse 75% of the cost of the institute, or
- FIS will issue a voucher good for one year to attend an institute of equal or lesser value on the same or different topic provided during the calendar year.
No Show Policy: A “no-show”, is a participant who misses an institute without written cancelation. A participant who misses an institute without prior written cancelation will not be issued any refund.
All refund and/or vouchers will take 2-3 weeks to issue.
Have questions about Parent Engagement Strategies & Best Practices for Effective Family Partnerships Institute Spring 2018? Contact Lupe Miranda at (213) 201-3905 or email@example.com.