Parent Engagement Strategies & Best Practices for Parent Engagement Trainings are a compliant use of Title I funds, allocated for professional development and parental involvement, and other state and federal funds reserved for school improvement and/or parental involvement.
Parent Engagement Strategies & Best Practices for Parent Engagement
This open 1.5 day institute takes place on August 30th 8:30 am – 4:30 pm through August 31st 8:30 am – 12:30 pm in Los Angeles, CA (location will be sent upon registration). This institute will focus on helping school, district and organizational staff learn about research-based strategies and best practices for creating an environment for effective and authentic parent engagement. This institute will provide participants with an opportinuty to explore strategies and tools for:
- Supporting critical academic milestones in elementary, middle and high school
- Encouraging communication between parents and school/agency staff specific to student success
- Enhancing and supporting a welcoming environment
- Increasing parent engagement through building a team, planning and implementation, developing communication tools, tracking results, and debriefing
- Increasing their confidence in their ability to assess and strengthen their site’s:
- Parent Resources
- Welcoming Environement
- Outreach, Recruitment and Retention Strategies
Families In Schools (FIS) strives to provide the necessary tools and materials needed for all institute participants to receive the quality services they need. We understand that unplanned issues can come up and you may need to cancel.
Due to preparation and reservation policies with external vendors, we ask that you please provide a 72 hour notice if you need to cancel. A full refund will be issued once a written cancelation has been requested within allotted time.
In the event that you must cancel with 48 hours or less notice, you will have two options:
- FIS will reimburse 75% of the cost of the institute, or
- FIS will issue a voucher good for one year to attend an institute of equal or lesser value on the same or different topic provided during the calendar year.
No Show Policy: A “no-show”, is a participant who misses an institute without written cancelation. A participant who misses an institute without prior written cancelation will not be issued any refund.
All refund and/or vouchers will take 2-3 weeks to issue.
Have questions about Parent Engagement Strategies & Best Practices for Effective Family Partnerships Institute Spring 2017? Contact Families In Schools