COVID-19 has affected all our communities but has especially affected our most vulnerable families, students, and adults. Families In Schools has compiled a list of resources, including support services such as health care and housing, and supplemental resources to help families and community members who are experiencing homelessness navigate the challenges of COVID-19, their health, safety, and more.
- CalWORKs Homeless Assistance Program: Contact your local county welfare office
- United States Veterans Initiative - Personal Financial Counseling: (310) 348-7600
- People Assisting The Homeless (PATH): (323) 644-2200
- Continuum Of Care: Find your local agency here
Housing & Shelter
- List of Shelter and Supportive Housing in California visit here
- Local Salvation Army: 844-458-4673
- Emergency shelter for city residents of Burbank: To see if you qualify, call 818-848-2822
- Transitional Housing provided by Open Hearts Home. Request services: 866-676-4787
- PATH provides transitional housing in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Santa Barbara: 805-979-8706
- Union Station Homeless Services in the San Gabriel Valley (18+): 626-791-6610. For families with children seeking housing, call 626-240-4550. Or visit here.
- LA Family Housing: 818.255.2766. OR email email@example.com
Food Banks & Resources
- Find your local food pantry and food banks in California
- Find your local food pantry in Los Angeles County.
- Find food resources in Los Angeles County
- Daily hot meals in Lancaster and Palmdale: For schedule and locations, click here.
- St. Francis Center: 213-747-5347. Located at 1835 S. Hope St. Los Angeles, CA 90015.
- Hollywood Food Coalition: (323) 462-2032. Nightly meals.
- My Friend's House Foundation: Every Wednesday 12:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M. at 540 S. San Pedro St. Los Angeles, CA 90013
Health & Hygiene
- For a comprehensive list of free or low-cost clinics in LA County, visit here.
- LA County Temporary Quarantine & Isolation: 1-833-540-0473
- YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles: Monday - Friday 9:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. Locations here.
- Hygiene stations in Los Angeles County. View map.
- Handwashing stations in Los Angeles County.
- Grace Resources (Antelope Valley): 661-940-5272.
- Burbank Temporary Aid Center: 818-848-2822.
- Downtown Women's Center: 213-223-2905 or visit the Day Center at 442 S. San Pedro Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
- The Hollywood Sunset Free Clinic: 323-660-7959. Located at 3324 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90026.
- Los Angeles Free Clinic: (323) 653-1990. Located at 8405 Beverly Boulevard Los Angeles, California 90048.
- Watts Healthcare Foundation: (323) 568-5400. Located at 8005 Street Figueroa Street Los Angeles, California 90002.
- National Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly known as the Federal Food Stamp Program): 1-800-221-5689
- 2-1-1 OR 800-339-6993 for health, human, and social services referrals in Los Angeles County
- For a comprehensive list of hotlines in L.A. County, click here.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice: L.A. Legal Assistance - English: 888-349-9695 Mandarin: 800-520-2356, Thai: 800-914-9583, Khmer: 800-867-3126, Korean: 800-867-3640
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles: English & Spanish: 800-399-4529, Cantonese/Mandarin: 323-801-7912, Japanese: 323-801-7913, Cambodian: 562-304-2523, Vietnamese: 323-801-7923, Korean: 323-801-7987
- Emergency Services in Los Angeles County: 213-225-6581
- Winter Shelter Hotline in Los Angeles County: 800-548-6047
- Mental Health Access Hotline in Los Angeles County: 800-854-7771
- L.A. County Year-Round Shelter Hotline: 213-225-6581
- L.A. County Women's Health Hotline: 800-793-8090
- National Domestic Violence Shelters & Hotline: 310-379-3620
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 800-273-8255 OR Español: 888-628-9454
- LA County Hotspot Locator
- LA County Library: Borrow a hotspot for three weeks
- Los Angeles Public Library: Borrow a hotspot for six weeks here
- Los Angeles Computer Access Network: (213) 978-3311
- Public Wi-Fi Sites in the City of Los Angeles: (323) 290-3113
- LA County Library: Free Outdoor Wi-Fi at participating libraries
Career Development & Job Assistance
- For individuals seeking career development resources and job assistance, call 626-240-4591 for more information. Support service available in English and Spanish
- Job readiness program provided by The Midnight Mission. For more information, call Laurie Collister at 213-624-9258 ext. 1940
- WIN: What I Need is a free phone app that connects users to free resources, including food pantries, homeless shelters, free health services, legal assistance, crisis support, job help, and more. Currently available in Los Angeles County. Download here.
- The Weingart Center: 213.833.5020 OR 213.627.5302. Walk-in access center located at 501 E 6th St Los Angeles, CA 90021.
- The Midnight Mission in Los Angeles: 213-624-9258, x 1645. OR email Karen Santana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catholic Charities of Los Angeles: Click here for locations and contact info.
- PATH transitional housing Los Angeles: (323) 644-2200