With school closures, organizations and communities are rallying together to provide meals to those in most need. Below, is a list of resources to support our communities.
- World Central Kitchen has compiled a list of locations where there are free meals for children and seniors. See link -> enter your state -> click on your region
- Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), children eligible for free or reduced-price meals at school will get extra food benefits. Families with children eligible for free or reduced-price meals who do NOT get CalFresh, Medi-Cal, or Foster Care benefits must apply online before June 30, 2020. The application opens on May 22nd. Click here for more information.
- The CA Meals for Kids mobile application helps you find nearby California Afterschool and Summer Meal Programs Sites through your iOS, Android, or Microsoft devices. Download the app.
- If you are pregnant or have a child under 5 years old, and your income has been affected by COVID-19 you may qualify for WIC services. See link.
Find free or reduced services in your area. See link. Search by type of service, such as food, housing, transportation, education, medical care, and more. Available in multiple languages.
- YMCA Grab and Go breakfast and lunch program. Click here for locations and times.
- Emergency food distribution services at Community and Senior Service centers. Appointments only. For locations, visit here.
- Find your nearest food bank with this guide created by CHIRP LA Pride Pantry FREE food resources every Friday by appointment. Call (323) 286-7224 to book your appointment, or visit here.
- LA Food Bank, list of food pantry distribution centers. See link
- Los Angeles County has launched a Critical Delivery Services program to deliver pre-paid food and other vital items ready for pick-up, to adults ages 60+ and individuals with disabilities who are unable to leave their homes due to COVID-19. Sign up by calling 888-863-7411. See link
- List of locations in Long Beach. See link