With school closures, organizations and communities are rallying together to provide meals to those in most need. Below, is a list of resources to support our communities.
- World Central Kitchen has compiled a list of locations where there are free meals for children and seniors. See link -> enter your state -> click on your region
- Due to coronavirus (COVID 19), children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals at school will get extra food benefits. Families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals and who do NOT get CalFresh, Medi-Cal, or Foster Care benefits must apply online before June 30, 2020. The application opens on May 22nd. Click here for more information.
- The CA Meals for Kids mobile application helps you find nearby California Afterschool and Summer Meal Programs Sites through your iOS, Android, or Microsoft devices. Download the app.
- If you are pregnant or have a child under 5 years old, and your income has been affected by COVID-19 you may qualify for WIC services. See link.
- Find your nearest food bank. See link and enter your zip code.
Find free or reduced services in your area. See link. Search by type of service, such as food, housing, transportation, education, medical care, and more. Available in multiple languages.
- YMCA Grab and Go breakfast and lunch program. Click here for locations and times.
- LAUSD Grab and Go Food Centers. Friday, April 16, 2021, was the final day of service for all Grab & Go Food Centers. Students who continue with distance learning or their parents may pick up meals at walk-up tables at any of the open schools, Monday through Friday between 9 and 10 a.m. Click here for more information.
- Emergency food distribution services at Community and Senior Service centers. Appointments only. For locations visit here.
- Find your nearest foodbank with this guide created by CHIRP LA Pride Pantry FREE food resources every Friday, by appointment. Call (323) 286-7224 to book your appointment or visit here.
- LA Food Bank, list of food pantry distribution centers. See link
- Los Angeles County has launched a Critical Delivery Services program to deliver pre-paid food and other vital items ready for pick-up, to adults ages 60+ and individuals with disabilities who are unable to leave their homes due to COVID-19. Sign up by calling 888-863-7411. See link
- List of locations in Long Beach. See link