With school closures, organizations and communities are rallying together to provide meals to those in most need. Below, is a list of resources to support our communities.
Across the U.S.A.
- World Central Kitchen has compiled a list of locations where there are free meals for children and seniors. See link -> enter your state -> click on your region
All of California
- Due to coronavirus (COVID 19), children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals at school will get extra food benefits. Families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals and who do NOT get CalFresh, Medi-Cal, or Foster Care benefits must apply online before June 30, 2020. The application opens on May 22nd. Click here for more information.
- The CA Meals for Kids mobile application helps you find nearby California Afterschool and Summer Meal Programs Sites through your iOS, Android, or Microsoft devices. Download the app.
- If you are pregnant or have a child under 5 years old, and your income has been affected by COVID-19 you may qualify for WIC services. See link.
- Find your nearest food bank. See link and enter your zip code.
Find free or reduced services in your area. See link. Search by type of service, such as food, housing, transportation, education, medical care, and more. Available in multiple languages.
Los Angeles County
- YMCA Grab and Go breakfast and lunch program. Click here for locations and times.
- LAUSD Grab and Go Food Centers 2020-2021. Weekdays 7 AM – 10 AM. Click here for locations.
- Healthy Food Giveaway for the month of August. For dates and locations, click here
- Produce and Lunch Drive-Thru on Saturday, August 8th, and 15th by Allies for Every Child. RSVP required. Culver City location
- Emergency food distribution services at Community and Senior Service centers. Appointments only. For locations visit here.
- Great Plates Delivered is a meal delivery service for qualifying older adults. Enroll online for three free home-delivered meals a day from local participating restaurants. Apply here.
- Find your nearest foodbank with this guide created by CHIRP LA Pride Pantry FREE food resources every Friday, by appointment. Call (323) 286-7224 to book your appointment or visit here.
- Wilmington Community Garden providing free fruits and veggies every first and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 1pm. 1306 N. Ravenna Avenue, Wilmington CA. More info.
2020 Free Summer Lunch and Snack Program provided by Los Angeles County Parks and Recreation. Tuesday – Friday (12:30-1:30pm) for children and youth 18 and under. Learn more. Flyers in English, Spanish, and Mandarin. List of parks.
- Back to School Event – Receive one free backpack per child filled with school supplies and one bag of groceries. July 25th – August 15th. For dates and locations, click here.
- LAUSD is providing meals at 60 grab-and-go meal sites throughout Los Angeles starting Wednesday 3/18. See map of locations and resources
- A list of LAUSD and LA Charter Schools with 160 free grab-and-go meal sites that serve ALL children. See link
- LA Food Bank, list of food pantry distribution centers. See link
- Los Angeles County has launched a Critical Delivery Services program to deliver pre-paid food and other vital items ready for pick-up, to adults ages 60+ and individuals with disabilities who are unable to leave their homes due to COVID-19. Sign up by calling 888-863-7411. See link
- List of locations in Long Beach. See link
- List of grocery stores in Los Angeles opening up early for Seniors (65+) See link
- A more comprehensive list for Los Angeles County residents has been compiled including information for housing, food for the elderly and employment. See link
Azusa Children 18 and under can pick up meals on Mondays & Wednesdays
- Murray Elementary 9AM-11AM
- Valleydale Elementary 9AM-11AM
- Azusa High School 9AM-11AM & 2PM-4PM
- Meal pick-up Mondays and Thursdays from 8AM-12PM for children to pick up at multiple Bakersfield Unified School District schools. See link (scroll to the bottom of page 3 for a list of sites)
- List of meal pick-up sites in Conejo USD, Filmore USD, Hueneme Elementary SD, Moorpark USD, Ocean View SD, Ojai USD, Oxnard SD, Oxnard Union High SD, Pleasant Valley Elementary SD, Rio SD, Santa Paula USD, Simi Valley USD, and Ventura USD. See link
Fresno Unified School District
- Free summer meals served weekdays 8am – 9:30am, beginning June 8th. More info.
- In partnership with Central California Food Bank and Every Neighborhood Partnership, Fresno Unified School District will be providing food box distributions for the month of July. For locations and dates
- List created by Stanford Students for free meal pick-up
- Comprehensive list of resources including food access
- Meal pick-up Mondays and Thursdays from 8AM-12PM for children to pick up at multiple Oakland Unified School District schools. See link
- Meal pick-up Monday-Friday from 11AM-12PM for children to pick up at multiple Hayward Unified School District schools. See link
- Second Harvest of Silicon Valley provides nutritious meals to communities despite school closures. Call 1-800-984-3663 or See link.
- A map and list of Solano County Schools grab-and-go meal sites. See map of resources
San Juan Unified
- Meal pick up M-F, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM at San Juan Unified School District schools. See link
Santa Cruz County
- A list of Santa Cruz County free grab-and-go meal sites that serve children. See map of resources
- Students at PVUSD will be provided with meals during school closures, Monday-Thursday, April 6th – 9th. See link.
- Families in the Pajaro Valley Unified School District can pick up free meals from August 17 – August 28th. See link.
- Meal pick up M-F, 11AM-12:30 PM at Fontana Unified School District schools. See link
- Students at OMSD will be provided meals from 8AM-9AM and from 10AM-1PM. See link
- Students at MVUSD will be provided with meals during school closures, Monday-Friday 11AM-1PM at all school sites. See link
- Students at RUSD will be provided meals during school closures from Monday-Friday 8:30AM-10:30AM at all school sites. See link
- Meal pick up at Escondido Unified School District schools. Breakfast 6AM-8AM, Lunch 11AM-1PM. See link
- Students at SDUSD will be provided with meals during school closures, Monday-Friday 11AM-1PM at all school sites. See link
- Feeding San Diego works with hundreds of distribution partners to provide food and resources to the community. For a list of locations and contact information visit their site.
- All seniors 60+ in San Diego qualify to get free meals from Serving Seniors. Call (619) 235-6572 or email email@example.com.