College Knowledge Academies (CKA) - Money Smarts is a five week project based program, for parents and their children, that promotes early planning and knowledge about postsecondary options and financial literacy. The Money Smarts program provides interactive lessons focused on building parent/child communication, the importance of higher education, financial aid, goal setting and planning financially for college.
WHAT YOU GET
Training: A two-day training is provided to school and agency staff to strengthen family engagement strategies, workshop facilitation skills to support a college going culture.
Tools: In every training, participants receive
- An implementation guide that includes helpful tips for replicating and sustaining the program year after year
- Ready-to-use tools with participant handouts (in English & Spanish)
- Content-rich learning activities, delivered in a parent friendly format
- Interactive lesson demonstration/modeling
- Culturally relevant materials
HOW TO GET IT
The College Knowledge Academy - Money Smarts program is being updated and will be available in 2023. To request a staff training, please contact Director of Training and Capacity Building, Lindsay Dumas, M. Ed. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE