College Knowledge Academies (CKA) - College Smarts is a five-week project-based program, for parents/guardians and their children, that promotes early planning and knowledge about postsecondary options. The program provides interactive lessons focused on building parent/child communication, the benefits of higher education, financial aid and college preparation.
WHAT YOU GET
Training: A two-day training is provided to school and agency staff to strengthen family engagement strategies, workshop facilitation skills to support a college going culture.
Tools: In every training, participants receive
- An implementation guide that includes helpful tips for replicating and sustaining the program year after year
- Ready-to-use tools with participant handouts (in English & Spanish)
- Content-rich learning activities, delivered in a parent friendly format
- Interactive lesson demonstration/modeling
- Culturally relevant materials, including a GOT! College Game
HOW TO GET IT
The College Knowledge Academy - College Smarts program is being updated and will be available in 2023. To request a staff training, please contact Director of Training and Capacity Building, Lindsay Dumas, M. Ed. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE