Census 2020 – The Importance of Counting My School
Dinner at the Panda Palace, a children’s picture book read aloud in English. Appropriate for ages 0-5. For the Spanish version of this lesson, click here.
This book is featured in the All Children Count: Census 2020 Toolkit. Below are some sample questions to ask your child as you read along and activities to support your child’s learning.
Questions for ages 2-5:
- Just looking at the cover, what did you think the story was going to be about?
- What kind of food do you think Mr. Panda had?
- How many people did Mr. Panda serve?
- What did Mr. Panda do when he ran out of tables?
- Why is it important to know how many people might show up at the restaurant?