Census 2020 – The Importance of Counting My School
Dinner at the Panda Palace, a children’s picture book read aloud in English. Appropriate for ages 0-5. For the Spanish version of this lesson, click here.
This book is featured in the All Children Count: Census 2020 Toolkit. Below are some sample questions to ask your child as you read along and activities to support your child’s learning.
Questions for ages 2-5:
- Just looking at the cover, what did you think the story was going to be about?
- What kind of food do you think Mr. Panda had?
- How many people did Mr. Panda serve?
- What did Mr. Panda do when he ran out of tables?
- Why is it important to know how many people might show up at the restaurant?
Remember to count everyone in your house on the U.S. Census! Click here to fill out your Census 2020 questionnaire or visit https://my2020census.gov/.