Census 2020 – The Importance of Counting My Family
Two At The Zoo, a children’s picture book read aloud in English. Appropriate for ages 0-5. To watch the reading of the book in Spanish, click here.
This book is featured in the All Children Count: Census 2020 Toolkit. Below are some sample questions to ask your child as you read along and activities to support your child’s learning.
Questions for ages 2-5:
- Just looking at the cover, what did you think the story was going to be about?
- What kind of animals did the boy and grandfather see?
- Which family of animals is the largest?
- Which family of animals is the smallest?
- What kinds of sounds do you hear in the zoo?
Activity for ages 2-5:
Draw a picture of all of the family members that live with you. Click here for an activity sheet.
- How many people live in our house? Did you count yourself?
- Why do you think it is important to know how many people live in our house?
Remember to count everyone in your house on the U.S. Census! Click here to fill out your Census 2020 questionnaire or visit https://my2020census.gov/.