Census 2020 – The Importance of Counting My Family
Two At The Zoo, a children’s picture book read aloud in English. Appropriate for ages 0-5. To watch the reading of the book in Spanish, click here.
This book is featured in the All Children Count: Census 2020 Toolkit. Below are some sample questions to ask your child as you read along and activities to support your child’s learning.
Questions for ages 2-5:
- Just looking at the cover, what did you think the story was going to be about?
- What kind of animals did the boy and grandfather see?
- Which family of animals is the largest?
- Which family of animals is the smallest?
- What kinds of sounds do you hear in the zoo?
Activity for ages 2-5:
Draw a picture of all of the family members that live with you. Click here for an activity sheet.
- How many people live in our house? Did you count yourself?
- Why do you think it is important to know how many people live in our house?