About Families In Schools
Families In Schools was created in 2000 to focus on family engagement as a critical component of school reform and improved student outcomes, in particular for students from low-income families and communities of color. Consequently, we provide programs and professional development that cultivates authentic parent engagement by building the skills, knowledge and confidence of both parents and staff on how to work together.
The Role of the Training Consultant:
The Training Consultant serves Families In Schools by providing exceptional training support and customer service to our clients who include school and district based teachers, parent liaisons and administrators, as well as other school and community based organizational (CBO) staff. This is an as-requested/available part-time consultant position.
Implement and deliver training modules on the following topics:
• Organizational capacity-building on key components of parent engagement (including supporting a welcoming environment, increasing parent involvement via outreach, recruitment and retention, etc.)
• Family Literacy
• English Learner Reclassification
• College Awareness and Preparation
• College and Career Readiness
• Social and Emotional Transitions and Family Communication
• Financial Literacy
• Growth Mindset
• Parent Leadership and Advocacy
• At least 1-year of experience training/facilitating workshops or Professional Development with school/CBO staff
• At least 1-year of experience working directly with parents
• Bachelor’s Degree. (Master’s Degree preferred, in Education, Social Work, Public Policy, or related field).
• Flexible schedule (Trainings can often take place Monday-Friday, and travel is often required).
Top 5 Reasons to Work at FIS
1. Work in a collaborative team environment.
2. Join a mission-driven organization.
3. Strengthen communities, schools, and community-based agencies.
4. Exposure to professional development opportunities.
5. Enjoy working on projects that increase student success.