4.6% of children ages, 0-5 were under-counted in the 2010 Census. Each person that is not counted costs your community more than $1,000 per year in health and human services programs alone (Reamer, 2018). As providers, we hope that you will support counting all children through the All Children Count, Census 2020 Toolkit.
Families In Schools is pleased to announce its revised Census Toolkit for early-childhood education and preschool providers on how to engage families of children 0-5 – one of the most undercounted populations in the census. The development and testing of the toolkit have been supported by the NALEO Education Fund, LA Partnership for Early Childhood Investment, and the California Community Foundation.
Click on any of the upcoming trainings below to register.
The All Children Count Toolkit engages parents, children, early care, and preschool providers in the importance of understanding their community and understanding everyone in it through three lessons. Facilitators will increase their skills to strengthen families’ knowledge about the 2020 Census and the importance of counting everyone.
Staff Training: Your staff will receive a one-day training to successfully engage children and their families in the 2020 Census.
Every training participant will receive:
- 3 Easy-to-use children’s lesson plans aligned to the Desired Results Development Profile, Head Start Learning Outcomes and Kindergarten Common Core Standard
- 1 Parent Caregiver Lesson
- Handouts (available in English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabic, and Tagalog)
- One copy of the three children’s books incorporated into the workshop
- Templates including sign-in sheets, flyers, etc.