What is the Parent Ambassador Program?
Through the Parent Ambassador Program, parents of current Los Angeles Unified School District students will have the opportunity to use their leadership skills in support of improving local educational policies and practices that benefit all students. The program enhances the skills,knowledge,and confidence of parents necessary to create meaningful change in their schools and community.
The overall objectives of the program are to:
- Increase parent knowledge about local and state educational issues
- Engage parents in coalition and partnership building efforts
- Activate the civic involvement of parents in advocating for all students
Applications to join the Parent Ambassador Program in 2016 coming soon.
What is the level of commitment to participate in the Parent Ambassador Program?
- Attend a one day orientation
- Participate in six training sessions
- Empower other parents with your knowledge, passion, and belief that together we can achieve academic success for all students
The benefits of being a Families In Schools Parent Ambassador include:
- Opportunities to be engaged in state and district-wide advocacy campaigns
- Increased knowledge about current education policy and issues
- Participation in advocacy related activities and education conferences
- Networking opportunities with parent and community leaders
- Recognition at a culmination ceremony
How do I sign up?
Applications to join the Parent Ambassador program coming soon!
For more information, contact Sandy Mendoza, Advocacy Manger by calling (213) 201-3911.