Transition to College Facilitator Trainings are a compliant use of Tittle I funds, allocated for professional development and parental involvement, and other state and federal funds reserved for school improvement and/or parental involvement.
Transition to High School
This two day training (October 6th & 7th, 8:30am – 4:30pm) is open to school and agency staff that serve parents with children in grades 11 and 12. Transition to College is a four week program that helps address the transition of low-income and immigrant students from high school to college. The program is designed to enhance parent’s ability to support their child’s last year in high school and the transition into college. Through a two-day training institute, facilitators learn about the program’s goals, objectives, implementation model and how to successfully engage parents during the transition year.
***This training is supported by the Kresge Foundation.***
***Accepted applicants, who agree to implement the program in the 2016-17 school year, will be offered a discounted registration fee of $99.***
***Technical support will be available for interested schools and organizations.***
Facilitators will receive the following materials:
- An implementation guide that includes helpful tips for replicating and sustaining the program year after year
- Ready-to-use tools with participant handouts in English and Spanish
- Content-rich learning, delivered in a parent-friendly format
- Interactive lesson demonstration/modeling
- District/school-specific student achievement data
- Culturally relevant materials
- FIS will reimburse 75% of the cost of the institute, or
- FIS will issue a voucher good for one year to attend an institute of equal or lesser value on the same or different topic provided during the calendar year.
Families In Schools (FIS) strives to provide the necessary tools and materials needed for all institute participants to receive the quality services they need. We understand that unplanned issues can come up and you may need to cancel.
Due to preparation and reservation policies with external vendors, we ask that you please provide a 72 hour notice if you need to cancel. A full refund will be issued once a written cancellation has been requested within allotted time.
In the event that you must cancel with 48 hours or less notice, you will have two options:
No Show Policy: A “no-show”, is a participant who misses an institute WITHOUT written cancellation. A participant who misses an institute without prior written cancellation will NOT be issued any refund.
All refund and/or vouchers will take 2-3 weeks to issue.
Have questions about Parent Engagement Strategies & Best Practices for Effective Family Partnerships Training Fall 2016?
Contact Families In Schools