Parent Engagement Strategies & Best Practices for Parent Engagement Trainings are a compliant use of Tittle I funds, allocated for professional development and parental involvement, and other state and federal funds reserved for school improvement and/or parental involvement.
Parent Engagement Strategies & Best Practices for Parent Engagement
This 1.5 day training will focus on helping school, district and organizational staff learn about research based strategies and best practices for creating an environment for effective and authentic parent engagement.
- Become familiar with foundational parent engagement research and best practices
- Enhance their knowledge of strategies for:
- Supporting critical academic milestones in elementary, middle and high school
- Bridging a college-going culture between home and school/agency
- Encouraging communication between parents and school/agency staff specific to student success
- Explore strategies and practices for:
- Enhancing and supporting a welcoming environment
- Encouraging and increasing parent engagement, including:
- Importance of building a team
- Planning and implementation strategies
- Developing communication tools
- Tracking results
- Increase their confidence in their ability to assess and strengthen their site’s:
- Meaningful Resources
- Welcoming Environment
- Outreach, Recruitment and Retention Strategies
Families In Schools (FIS) strives to provide the necessary tools and materials needed for all institute participants to receive the quality services they need. We understand that unplanned issues can come up and you may need to cancel.
Due to preparation and reservation policies with external vendors, we ask that you please provide a 72 hour notice if you need to cancel. A full refund will be issued once a written cancellation has been requested within allotted time.
In the event that you must cancel with 48 hours or less notice, you will have two options:
- FIS will reimburse 75% of the cost of the institute, or
- FIS will issue a voucher good for one year to attend an institute of equal or lesser value on the same or different topic provided during the calendar year.
No Show Policy: A “no-show”, is a participant who misses an institute WITHOUT written cancellation. A participant who misses an institute without prior written cancellation will NOT be issued any refund.
All refund and/or vouchers will take 2-3 weeks to issue.
Have questions about Parent Engagement Strategies & Best Practices for Effective Family Partnerships Training Fall 2016?
Contact Families In Schools